Sunday, January 25, 2009

My work in progress, plus my new stitch



My husband took this picture for me. It's 10 panels for a 16-panel baby blanket, alternating in white and green. It's for Dave's cousin's new baby, due in March, I think.

What I really wanted to show was this:



I'm calling it a modified popcorn stitch. I came up with it myself, but if anyone has dibs on it, first, they can certainly provide the link... I've never written down crochet directions before, so here's my first attempt (please, be gentle):

ch desired # of stitches, plus whatever ch necessary to count as first dc. Dc 2 more in same ch. *Drop loop on hook. Go into top of ch 2 or ch 3 (whatever counted as first dc). Go into dropped loop and pull through. (does that even make sense??) Ch 1. Sc in next ch. Ch1. 3 dc in next ch. Continue from * until end.
Depending on whatever you ended with, ch 1 as a turning ch, then start with a sc. OR ch 2 or 3 to count as first dc, then dc 2x more in same st. Then continue pattern across.

Does that make sense at all? Anyway, it comes out like little lumps. I always do the 3 dc's in the sc, and the sc in the middle dc, so it alternates and evens out and comes out all pretty like.

If you understand that at all, congrats! Here's a picture of my sweet girl (who's finally starting to get better!) for your time:



It's blurry, but it's the best I could do. She wakes up if I use a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment