Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Way way WAAAAAYYY overdue

Things I finished back in February and March:

The blanket for Dave's cousin's new baby (born March 17, I think, so the colors are pretty fitting). No one seemed too impressed with the pictures, but I think it turned out swell. Dave even made me promise I'd make one for our next baby.


More shoes. I may still have these, somewhere; I don't think I gave them away. I *love* how these turned out. Yarn was Vanna's Choice (love how it works up for these loafers), buttons I got from my grandma's sewing box.


I'm currently working on a one-strap version of the shoes in different colors for Dave's other cousin. I tried doing some Mary Janes for Jenna, but they turned out pretty bad; her foot comes right out of them. I've got to figure out some sort of ankle strap, I think. I'm also in the planning stages of making some cool crocheted cube blocks and picking out a good beginner pattern to sew the kiddo a dress. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. Adore these booties, makes me really want to learn to crochet! Quick question, I've been trying to reach you regarding the woolease you have up for sale/trade on Ravelry. If it' still available for sale, please drop me a line!

    debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I saw your comment on deb's crafts (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1256512416041763992&postID=49935038340026510&page=1&token=1328079762260), where you thanked her for the nice pattern. Can I ask you a question about that, because I am a beginner in crochet and I don't understand the pattern. For one reason or the other, I can't leave a comment on her blog about it.

    The pattern says that in row two there has to be a dc in every dc and a V stitch in every V.

    But a V stitch (in the previous row) is constructed by dv-ch-dc, so technically it consists of three stitches in the second row.

    Must I do a V-stitch in every three of those stitches?

    Or one V-stitch in the chain 1 space of the V-stitch and a dc in each of the surrounding dc's?

    Or a V-stitch in the top of the chain 1 space? And a dc in each of the surrounding dc?



    Hope you find the time to answer.

    Best wishes,
    Potamotrygorgeous.

    (potamotrygorgeous at hotm@il dot com

    ReplyDelete